When I received an invitation from Pullman Jakarta Central Park hotel for a Yee Shang tossing, I was so excited and contented. Why? Because it would be my first experience of Yee Shang since I hardly celebrate Chinese New Year.
Sauces and condiments:
Above right: cracker, salmon and scallop
Bottom right: oil, plum sauce, red pickle ginger, lime
The shredded ingredients:
White = white radish
Orange = carrot
Broken white = pomelo
Green = watermelon
Dark red = coloring cucumber
Yellow = peach
The step by step and the saying for tossing the Yee Shang::
Put the Yee Shang in the middle of the table - "Prosperity Yee Shang."
1. Squeeze the lime on top of the fish - "May you & your family be blessed with harmony and joy."
2. Put the spices on the top of the fish then stir - "May you have wishful thinking and smooth as silk."
3. Put the fish on top of the Yee Shang - "May your fortune continue to pur in the year after year."
4. Pour oil on top of the Yee Shang - "May your wealth continue to increase time after time."
5. Pour plum sauce of the Yee Shang - "May peace and happiness surround you always."
Put the Crackers of the Yee Shang - "May your life filled with all the goodness."
6. Pu the ginger in the midle top of the Yee Shang - "May luck be by your side forever."
then follow with standing up and mixing the Yee Shang all together.
Tossing the Yee Shang.
Toss the Yee Shang high. It's believed the higher you toss it, the higher your prosperity you will gain :)
It tasted unique and I quite like it although it's actually very sweet for my taste-bud. Nice texture of the mixed crunchiness, softness and a bit chewiness..
Currency rate: 1 USD = Rp. 9.100
The Yee Shang platter is Rp. 128.000++/platter
For Chinese New Year brunch, it starts from Rp. 298.000++/person and there will be Gu Zheng live performance.
All prices are subjected to 21% of Government tax and Service Charge
COLLAGE Pullman Jakarta Central Park Hotel
Jl. Let. Jend S Parman Kav 28
Jakarta Barat , Indonesia
Tel: (+62 21)29200088
Related post: Collage at Pullman Jakarta Central Park