Friday, April 20, 2007

Tukang Sate Padang

070420


No. 1 ~ I just had Sate Padang for dinner.

No. 2 ~ Sate Padang is originally from West Sumatra, Indonesia (Padang is the capital city of West Sumatra). The meat is beef together with its tongue, gripes (the stuff inside the stomach of a cow, does it called “intestines”?).

No. 3 ~ Ketupat (steam rice inside the coconut leaves).

No.4 ~ Fried shallots for the topping.

No. 5 ~ Beside the coal is the big pan of the sauce.

No. 6 ~ The sauce tasted like hot spicy curry made by spicy offal broth, turmeric, ginger, garlic, coriander, galanga root, cumin, curry powder and salt.

No. 7 & 8 ~ The sate is grilled on the charcoals .

No. 9 ~ People are eating Sate Padang .

No. 10 ~ Sate Padang is served on banana leaves.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Selby,

    I am one of your silent reader. Just to let you know that I am linking this page to mine (http://testedandtasted.blogspot.com/2009/04/sate-padang.html). Hope you don't mind. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DG: Hi DG, thank you so much for informing me and also linking my blog in your blog, appreciate it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite food! Do you mean tripe instead of gripes? You're making me huuungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wulinarian: Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog. Oops... you are right! It's tripe! hehehe... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs