Thursday, January 7, 2010

Almond cookies with vegetable shortening

cookies,royal icing

I was pretty tempted to try out to make a new simple cookies recipe using vegetable shortening beside butter in order to make the cookies more crunchy as someone told it to me. Then, I also decided to add almond extract to make these cookies to become almond cookies. I made 2 types of cookies shape, a flower and a bear's head :)

cookies,royal icing

Almond cookies recipe

Ingredients:
250 gram flour
100 gram butter
50 gram vegetable shortening
75 gram sugar powder
20 gram milk powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:
Pre-heat oven 375 F
Mix all the ingredients until it becomes a dough
Roll out the dough and use cookies cutter
Bake cookies until lightly browned (about 15 minutes)
Leave it cool
Decorate the cookies with icing sugar (optional)

cookies,royal icing

Yup... Approved! These cookies are very crunchy!!! :)

cookies,royal icing

21 comments:

  1. What a co-incidence! I also posted a cookie recipe today. Your cookies look so much better than mine. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. I love your little bears. They are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cookies and I love the almond flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kinds of cookies. So flavorful and yummy! First time here and I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they melt in your mouth ~ and they're so cute with the icing as well. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable cookies shaped like bears. I love teddy bears.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selby, those cookies are beautiful. Did they turn out with the texture you wanted?

    ReplyDelete
  8. sook: Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    mica: Yes and I got amazed how crunchy it becomes with vegetable shortening :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are cute little shapes, I can tell you put quite a bit of time on them :)

    I know the holidays are over, but cookies are still sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow looks so nice, I will make some this CNY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy all your bakes, they always turn out so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. But someone told me shortenin are not good for health?

    ReplyDelete
  13. where's mine?I like the bear bear one..

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! I also love adding almond extract in cookies and other baked goods...it adds such a nice flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bears are too cute. love them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs