Some people say that Indonesia is the heaven of donuts in Southeast Asia because we have all the big donut franchises such as:
Despite of the donuts' demand at those big donuts' franchises, the traditional Indonesian donut made from potato is still existing. We called it as Donat Kentang (trans: donat = doughnuts, kentang = potato).
You can find it the small stalls in the malls or you even also can find the traditional donuts on the streets
Let's compare the prices ;)
1 pc assorted Dunkin Donut Rp. 6.000
1 pc J.Co glazzy donut Rp. 5. 000 and 1 pc assorted donut Rp. 5.500
1 pc Krispy Kreme original glazed Rp. 5.800
And guess what? 3 pcs of Donat kentang is only Rp. 5.000
(currency rate: 1 USD = Rp. 12.000, 1 RM = Rp. 3.500, 1 SGD = Rp. 8.000)
If you want to try to make it by yourself, below is a simple yummy recipe of Donat Kentang from my friend.
500 gr flour (high protein)
200 gr steamed potato then mashed it
12 gr instant dry yeast
50 gr milk powder (full cream)
75 gr butter or margarine
100 gr sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 egg yolks
100 ml cold water
oil to fry the dough
- Put together flour, sugar, milk powder, instant dry yeast in a bowl, then add the mashed potato and egg yolks, mix them altogether until a soft dough is formed
- Put butter and salt, until elastic
- Leave first for 15 minutes.
- Devided the dough into small balls size of 50 gr each
- Leave again for 20 minutes to rise
- Make a hole in the middle of each ball
- Fry those dough in the hot oil in a medium sized pan until become golden
- Remove from oil and drain
- Let cool then you can put toppings like powder sugar, chocolate sprinkles or cheese on it
Btw, I recently received 2 awards, yay! :D
The first is from Yasmeen. Thank you, Yasmeen!
She made this lovely award by herself as an gratitude and pass it to all the bloggers who take time to leave encouraging comments and useful suggestions at her blog.
Hence, I'm also passing this award to ALL of you who have been reading and commenting in my blog :)
And the second award is from Xo , Thank you, Xo!
this award means:
“This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
So now, I will pass this Proximity award to 8 bloggers: Food for Tots, Pam, thenomadGourmand, CK Lam, Pearl, Eat Travel Eat, Heather, and Pisang Goreng .