Saturday, December 31, 2016

Teochew Chendul at Gurney Plaza, Penang


I have heard about the famous Teochew Chendul that sells chendul dessert in a roadside stall at Lebuh Kweng Kee in Penang Road. Too bad, I didn't have the chance to visit Penang Road to try the chendul. 

On my last day of my stay in Penang, Chen - a blogger from Penang who I've known for a decade, brought me to one of the Teochew Chendul outlets in Gurney Plaza to have our dinner. I didn't order the chendul because I still want to have a taste of the chendul at the original place. Hope to visit Penang again and try the famous original Teochew Chendul on Penang Road.

These are what we ordered:

Assam Laksa - RM. 7.90
Aromatic noodles in tangy fish gravy topped with shredded fish.

Teochew Kuang Jiang - RM. 5.90
Fried Yam served with chili sauce.

Teochew Homemad Rojak - RM. 6.90
sliced fresh fruits mixed with tasty fermented shrimp paste topped with roasted peanuts and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

Nutmeg Juice - RM. 4.50
I like this refreshing nutmeg juice.
 All prices are inclusive of 6% GST.
Current currency:
1 Ringgit Malaysia = Rp. 3.015
1 USD = RM 4.49

Location:
Gurney Plaza
170-B1-33B, Persiaran Gurney
Pulau Tikus, 10250 George Town
Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

Disclaimer: The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs