Sunday, December 28, 2014

Vietopia, Cikini


It has been almost 10 years since the last time I have visited this Vietopia Vietnamese restaurant. It used to be one of my favorite restaurants and I visited quite often with my ex-colleagues during lunch time. It was really nice to come back to this restaurant. The decor and atmosphere have not changed much. With French songs played softly while I was enjoying my lunch here again, it definitely brought me nice memories.

Mix Appetizers - Rp. 55.000
The mix appetizers supposedly contained of Banh cuon (fresh spring rolls filled with shrimp, chicken, egg & vegetables), Chao tom (grilled shrimp paste rolled around sugar cane), Cha gio (fried spring rolls filled with minced chicken) and Cha cua (crab cakes). Unfortunately, the Chao tom was out of order. My favorite, for sure, was Cha gio - the fried spring rolls.

Bun Bo Xao - Rp. 50.000
Traditional Vietnamese vermicelli dish served with grilled NZ beef mixed with lettuce, onion, garlic, peanuts and nuoc sauce. The nuoc sauce which made from water, fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, palm sugar, lemon grass, chili and garlic tasted pretty mild for the spiciness and tanginess. I personally prefer pungent taste for nuoc sauce.

Ca Phe Sua Da - Rp. 36.000
Iced Vietnamese coffee with sweet condensed milk.  
All prices subjected to 10% tax and 5.5% service charge.
Current currency:
1 USD = Rp. 12.430
Location:
Vietopia
Jl. Cikini Raya No. 33
Central Jakarta
Tel: 3915893/ 3103790

Opening hours: 11.30 am - 10 pm

Disclaimer: The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs