Monday, November 26, 2012

Pasta de Waraku - Indonesian Feast with a Twist (PIM 2)


Pasta de Waraku is one of my favorite places for having fusion Japanese pasta and pizza. I was pretty intrigued  when I received an invitation from Pasta de Waraku to try their new special menu - Indonesian Feast with a Twist, which they claimed as a unique twist to Japanese dishes with the richness of Indonesian taste that will tantalize the buds.

Together with some other food bloggers and media, we tried the below dishes:

Appetizer
Korokoro Tofu - Rp. 25.000
Deep Fried Seasoned Tofu
Calamari - Rp. 35.000
Fried Squid Rings
Edamame - Rp. 10.000
Soybean Pods

Pizza
Salmon Pizza with Curry Sauce - Rp. 50.000 (medium), Rp. 65.000 (large)
Thin crust Pasta de Waraku pizza topped with baked salmon in curry sauce sprinkled with slice of chili, cucumber and onion. As usual, I enjoyed the thin crispy crust though I wish the topping could taste richer.

Pasta
 Beef Spaghetti with Rendang Sauce - Rp. 58.000
Not your average beef spaghetti, instead of standard bolognese sauce, they use rendang sauce which is famous known for its richness flavors and also with mince beef and quail eggs. Good thing that the rendang was not as spicy as I expected.

Fried Oxtail ala Java - Rp. 65.000
Spaghetti aglio e olio cooked with Wafu sauce, completed with fried oxtail and red bell pepper. Frankly speaking, I was not really keen to see the red chili paste on the top of this spaghetti aglio e olio.

 Traditional Fried rice with Angus beef - Rp. 65.000
The authentic taste of Indonesian traditional fried rice cooked with salted fish and shrimp paste. For the combination with Japanese dishes , use Angus beef in Teriyaki sauce and also completing with egg on top. The Angus beef was nice. The fried rice was tasty but too spicy because of the chili seeds.

Indonesian Grilled Ribs Spaghetti - Rp. 65.000
Spaghetti Aglio Olio cooked with Wafu sauce, completed with grilled ribs and fried white onion. Also served with 2 types of chili paste: red chili and green chili. If you are a chili lover, you will definitely love this dish but for me, after I ate a spoon of it, my lips and tongue felt like they were on fire :(


Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake - Rp.  28.000
I need milk to cool down my lips and tongue. 

Grilled Chicken Spaghetti- Rp. 58.000
Signature Spaghetti aglio Olio cooked with Wafu sauce, completed with juicy grilled chicken covered chili paste on top. I didn't try this one because I still felt the burning sensation on my lips and tongue :(

Dessert
 Baby Hanito - Rp. 32.000
Juicy Fruits (left)
Banana Crumble (middle)
Candyland (right)
The name "Baby Hanito" really represents the size of it. It's a 6 cubes of honey toast with toppings. For the toppings, I still prefer the ones that are put on those classic Hanito like Hanito Macha Red Bean and Hanito Earthquake.
All prices are subjected to service charge and PB1 tax.
Current currency: 1 USD = Rp. 9.600

At the end of this food tasting, it was hard for me to enjoy the food because I'm not a chili person. There are so many Indonesian food without chili. Why all these pastas and pizza need to have chili? Does food with chili really represent Indonesian food? I understand a lot of people love chili but there are people and also children who can not tolerate it. I guess it would be wise to add other non chili pasta and pizza with Indonesian twist to the menu.

Location
Pasta de Waraku
Pondok Indah mall 2
Restaurant Row, level 3 No. 343A
Jl. Metro Pondok Indah Blok 3B
Jakarta Selatan
Tel: 75920608

Related posts:
Pasta de Waraku - Jakarta
Pasta de Waraku (Food Tasting Panel)

2 comments:

  1. Nice review

    too bad you can't stand the chilli, would love to help with that since I love hot spicy food ^^

    though pairing a creamy textured pasta with chilli seems strange to me @_@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FGf: It's fusion... and the Japanese spaghetti is really good. Too bad, it doesn't really work out with the Indonesian spaghetti.

      Delete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs