Monday, June 3, 2013

Soto Padang Bunda

As I mentioned on my last week "Soto H. St. Mangkuto" post, I went to another famous place for  Soto Padang named Bunda. It is located in Bendungan Hilir or more known as Benhil area. 

Cindy, Jenz and I had to wait until 1 pm before we could have our lunch because it was on a Friday. On Fridays, this restaurant only opens after 1 pm because of Sholat Jumat (Friday Prayers).

As soon as I entered into this restaurant, I could smell the aroma of cloves. Hmmm.... Nice! 

Soto Padang Daging - Rp. 23.000
Compared to Soto Padang Mangunkuto, this soto wasn't so oily and tasted rather bland for me.

The ingredients of the beef broth is the same. It got small pieces of fried beef, vermicelli, and also fried potato dumpling.

I asked for a bowl of the beef broth only. Interestingly, it tasted different than the complete Soto Padang bowl. From this broth, I could taste the herbs like the cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. It was really tasty! 

Rice  with pink rice crackers - Rp. 5.000

Teh Telor/ Teh Talua - Rp. 12.000
Sweet and a bit creamy, made from egg yolk, sugar, hot tea and lime. 
Current currency:
1 USD = Rp. 9.805

Location:
Soto Padang Bunda 
Jl Bendungan Hilir Raya no 19A
Jakarta Pusat
Telp: 5704513

Opening hours: 8 am - 9 pm (except for Friday)

Disclaimer: The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm the another one of delicious indonesian food. Nice recomendation selba :). maybe you can see another indonesian food in this link www.jakpost.travel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yulinri: glad that you like this post of Indonesian food :) I'll check out the JakPost link, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs